Monday, November 27, 2017

Thanksgiving and the Lights

THANKSGIVING
Well I didn't take ANY pictures on Thanksgiving Day. But I did take a picture of all the pies we had the night before on Pie Night ... it's a thing... and it's the best thing ever invented! We had a great time spending time with Ty's extended family. A lot of them were able to come who we don't see very often so it was really nice to catch up!


DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING
I was really horrible about pictures Friday as well, but we drove to SLC for a mini reunion on my Dad's side. My grandparents and my Aunt and Uncle and all their family were able to meet for a nice lunch. I'm kicking myself for not taking ANY pictures. All the 2nd cousins who had just met were getting along like they've always known each other. It was also great to catch up with my cousins who I haven't seen in a while! 
Since we were already in Salt Lake we decided to stay for a few days to see the lights at temple square. Saturday we went to the planetarium where we were pleasantly surprised at all the exhibits there were to see and it was all free! We also tracked down a Godfather's Pizza (we don't have one in IF anymore... so sad) since they have the best pizza EVER. And that night we went to see the lights at Temple Square. It was of course crazy crowded, but it was so warm we didn't even need coats! That part was super nice! 
Sunday morning Ty and I decided to go back to temple square before heading home. We rode the trax train 2 blocks from the hotel to temple square (it was free and the kids really wanted to ride the 'train'). We went into the tabernacle and the visitor's centers. The kids loved the temple model and the Christus Statue is always a favorite. We also walked across the street to the Conference center and took the tour. We wanted to show Crystal how much bigger it was than the tabernacle. The tour was actually really fun and even the kids enjoyed it! After that we took the trax back to our car and headed home! It was a fun weekend!























No comments:

Post a Comment