Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The past 6 months!

Wow... its been a while...lol. I am always writing out posts in my head but never actually post anything... doesn't do much good I know! I guess quite a bit has happened since Christmas! Everyone knows we moved to an apartment in Provo in March. We found people to rent our house in Idaho Falls thank goodness! We've been blessed with honest renters so even if the rent is a bit late we can be confident we will still get it. The apartment is okay. It is a really nice location with a park right next door, so Crystal absolutely LOVES it here! We had plenty of storage space for all our food storage and other junk. The bedrooms are good size and there are 2 bathrooms (only one shower/bathtub but still nice to have the second toilet :D). The living room is good sized so we were able to divide it into an office and living area. There isn't a dishwasher which has been our biggest weakness since we moved here. The dishes pile up fast!!!!! Though the kitchen doesn't look like much, the cupboards were big enough to hold ALL my appliances which surprised me. For the monthly rent we pay though its a pretty nice place!

As it began to get warmer, my car slowly became less and less reliable and since Ty's car has no air conditioning we weren't about to make a trip to IF in it in this heat. So we began car shopping which by the way isn't ANY fun at all. It really should be fun ... looking for a new car and deciding what you like and don't like ... but thanks to the salesmen i
t wasn't! All they wanted to do was sell you a car. Forget about making you happy and making sure you have an enjoyable experience! It was a horrible experience for me .... I don't know that Ty enjoyed it much either. In fact when we decided for sure what car we wanted, I made Ty go in by himself to get it! I couldn't handle how rude everyone was once it came to the money part! Anyway we did find an GREAT deal on the Hyundai Elantra Blue. Its a size up from Hyundai's smaller car the Accent, but it cost less than the Accent because of the dealerships current deals. It also had a much better crash rating than the Accent and has a quite a bit bigger back seat! Since we got it I'm constantly trying to think of places to go so I can drive it around, but Ty is quite the opposite and doesn't want to put miles on it! He keeps telling me to just sit in the front seat and make car noises... I can't convince him that its not the same! lol.
This is the best picture we have of it right now! When we bought it, it was cloudy outside and the color just looked like solid blue. We were slightly disappointed that it didn't have the sparkle in the paint like the other color options but we decided we still liked the blue better. Then 2 days later we were very surprised when the sun came out and the car was all sparkly!

Crystal has grown a good 2-3 inches since Christmas ... maybe more! Her hair has grown a TON since then too! I can't believe how bald she looks in the pictures in the last post!!!! Her hair is long enough now that I can put it in tiny rubber bands so her bows will stay in her hair without a headband! She'll keep the bows in without the headband so she doesn't get confused for a boy nearly as often ... lol. She has gone from signing 20-30 words to saying most of them. She's even starting to create sentences instead of just single words now. Her favorite question is "Where (she, he, you, daddy, mommy,etc.) go?" She said it very loudly in sacrament meeting on Sunday when the little girl in front of us left with her dad!




After a long day playing in Provo Canyon! She's exhausted and filthy! I was dumb enough to put her in a white shirt ... lol!




Playing in the dirt at Liberty Park! Also a good view of her cute pigtails ... hehe!


Crystal with her friends Audrey and Addy after playing in the dirt at Liberty Park.

She kept rubbing her face with her dirty hands! She looked soooo funny! :D


This is her newest adventure! She LOVES playing on the bikes when we go to Walmart, so we were planning on buying her one for her birthday. But we went garage saling Saturday morning and found this bike for an AWESOME price! And it fits her PERFECTLY! She is still figuring out the pedals, but has ALMOST gotten the hang of it! It won't be long now before she's cruisin' on her own!!!!




Also on Saturday we went to Provo's outdoor pool and splash park. It was Crystal's first time in the water since she was just a baby. At first she really wasn't sure about it. She whined and pouted for the first 45 minutes. The pool has water checks every two hours. It takes them about 15 minutes to check everything out before they let everyone back in. After we'd been there for 45 minutes they had a water check so we got out and sat on our beach towels in the grass. Crystal played and danced to the music in the grass for 15 minutes, then when they whistled to let everyone back in the water she ran to the splash pool. She was still a little cautious at first but got braver and braver as the day went on! She would see other kids playing and splashing together and she'd wave them to come see her and say "M'ere! M'ere!" She wanted another kid to play with in the water it was SOOO cute! When Ty and I were ready to go she kept running back into the splash pool. It took us a half hour to get her out of the pool and that was only because it was time for another water check and she HAD to get out! She wasn't very happy when we left, but I'm soooo glad she warmed up to the idea of getting in the water. Now she even loves actually getting IN her kiddy pool at home instead of just standing next to it getting her hands wet. (I unfortunately don't have ANY pictures of her at the pool cuz I FORGOT my camera! :'( It made me very sad!)


Also, last week we had our 20 week ultrasound to find out what the baby is!!! The ultrasound technician said everything looked great! The organs and heart and measurements were all normal!!! That is always a relief for me to hear ... with Crystal I had nightmares for a week before the ultrasound that something would be wrong. Not so much with this one because they did an ultrasound at our first appointment so I knew the baby had all her limbs at least! But it was still good to hear everything else was growing well! The technician checked the gender first thing and said, "Yup, that's a girl! Its a textbook girl; you can see the three lines and everything!" Its not really a secret that I was hoping for a boy this time around, but I am SOOO excited for another girl! Though Ty keeps having to remind me that we already have TONS of clothes from Crystal, he still let me buy just a couple of outfits to satisfy me till we pull out the other clothes from storage! We already know we are going to have to get a bigger dresser for their room cuz the one we have now is CLEAR FULL of Crystal's clothes! So if anyone heres of someone getting rid of a dresser let us know! We are pretty certain we are going to name her Lily (middle name still pending) and we can't wait for her to join our family! Even Ty is getting pretty excited for her to come!
Her tiny foot!

Profile picture

Its a girl!!!


Another profile picture!





2 comments:

  1. So glad you finally posted Laura! Crystal has gotten so big and I love all of that blonde hair. Those pictures of her with the dirt on her face are so funny. I didn't even recognize her!
    So glad you guys are doing well and we are so excited for your new addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!! You finally blogged! I was getting worried! Keep it up! I barely recognized Crystal because I haven't seen pictures since Christmas. I'm so excited for Lily to come. Good Luck with everything and hope to hear more from you soon!

    ReplyDelete