A PARTY
Crystal told me this week that Huggy Bear's birthday was on August 28th and that we needed to bake a cake for him. Lily then informed me that it was Panda's birthday that day as well. SO what else could I do but bake a cake? Haha. We lit a candle on it (all I had was a number 6 candle so I guess they both turned six this year. haha), sang happy birthday, and helped them blow it out! The girls had even 'wrapped' presents for them. By wrap I mean they wrapped some of their toys in blankets. AND then we all had cake! :D
Watching it bake!
The Cake... It even had blue sprinkles! ;-)
Crystal, Huggy Bear, Panda, Lily
FRIENDSHIP
Ty's trying to force a bond with our animals. Haha. I wish he would let it be. Angel has been handling the new puppy as well as can be expected for a grumpy/anti-social seven year old cat. She hasn't attacked him at all (she's hissed at him but only when Ty gets involved haha) and she pretty much just steers clear of him at all times. Roscoe actually LIKES the cat and wants to be friends with her. He gave her a lot of space the first week, but he's gradually getting braver in his play.
So the other night Ty sat Roscoe on the couch where Angel (our cat) was sleeping. Angel was apparently tired enough that she didn't run off and actually let the dog lay his head on her (Ty is just petting them both not holding them there at all). Angel soon had had enough and jumped off the couch.
Problem is that now Roscoe thinks they are BEST FRIENDS. He follows her everywhere (well he tries to. He's still a little too small and clumsy for the stairs to the basement. haha.) And at night (yes they both sleep on our bed) Roscoe has moved from the top of the bed to the bottom. Angel sleeps at my feet and Roscoe at Ty's. Angel has decided this is acceptable. Roscoe wants more. The other night he started toward her side of the bed and I told him to stop and leave her alone. So he laid down where he was toward the middle of the bed. Then five minutes later I noticed him inching closer and closter too her while crawling on his belly with his eyes closed pretending to sleep!!!! It was SO funny to watch him! Poor guy just wants her to be his friend!
THE FALLS
Friday night we made a quick stop at the Falls while we were out! The girls love driving passed the temple and Ty decided to stop so they could see it over the river on our way home. Jay especially loved the Horse Bench. He was petting it and jabbering at it. Haha. We'll have to go again soon when we have more time to walk around and enjoy it all!
THE FAIR
Eastern Idaho State Fair started Saturday! I was beyond excited that we got to go this year (the Utah County fair just isn't the same...haha)! The weather was perfect. It was cloudy, a little breezy, and it rained for a few minutes, but it was SO much nicer than roasting in the sun the whole time! We saw pigs and cows and sheep and horses and goats and bunnies and birds! The kids 'milked' a cow, got free chocolate milk, and antlers! Then the best part... we ATE! Haha! We all had turkey legs and they were GOOD! We were too full for dessert and decided we were going back again later in the week so we're saving dessert for then... hopefully we actually make it back because I'll be sad without my tigers ear and funnel cake. :(
Jay was pretty fascinated by all the animals!
As we were getting ready to leave, a bee came out of nowhere (none of us saw it) and stung Crystal on the LIP, and to top it off it left the stinger (only reason we knew what had happened). Her poor lip swelled up quite a bit. We've always been worried about her having an allergy since Ty and Lily are both allergic, but it was hard to know since it was her lip and would probably swell for anyone regardless. But even after giving her Benadryl her entire cheek puffed up as well. Seems the bee sensitivity runs high in this family. :( She was tough though and even stayed at the fair long enough to get the prize we had promised we'd buy them before we left (Crystal got a dreamcatcher ... she's afraid of the dark and has an overactive imagination so I'm hoping this prize actually helps her sleep at night! Lily got a cool light up microphone, and Jay got a ball that opens into a big ball and closes into a small ball. Hard to explain them all but I didn't get pics after the bee incident.)
I felt so bad for Crystal and was so proud of how tough she was being. We went home and I made pink popcorn and we watched a Ninja Turtles DVD that I had bought for her birthday but decided to pull it out early. Kinda regretting it 4 days later because I've watched the same 9 episodes of turtles about a hundred times since then. HAHA
Her poor lip :(
We wore them out. They all fell asleep on the way home.
BATHROOM REMODEL
Back in March when our renters left, I came to Idaho Falls for a few weeks to make some repairs to the house so we could put it on the market. Ty had the renter install a new toilet just before he moved because the old one had a crack in it and was leaking. I did the best I could but the tub was beyond repair. It's an old cast iron tub and has probably been there for 60+ years (as long as the house). It was not going to be easy to pull out and replace.
While I was looking into my options, my dad mentioned that he could probably have someone at work paint it for me. They use submarine paint all the time at work, and he was sure it would work great on the tub... AND IT DID! We've been using it for a month now and it still looks great!
Anyway when we moved back in, we had a new toilet, a like-new tub, a new paint job, but the little vanity was rotted through on the bottom from water damage and I didn't even have room for the girls' toothbrushes on the countertop. SO we made a trip to Home Depot and got ourselves a new one (and a medicine cabinet and a light to match ;-))! Ty took too long to install it though and gave me time to think. Haha. I thought if he's pulling out the vanity, we might as well replace the floor while its out! I felt a little bad that he was going to have to uninstall the newly installed toilet, but I HATED the gross not so white floor in the bathroom. It just never looked clean. So FINALLY on Labor Day, Ty set to work in the bathroom! He pulled everything out and the laminate flooring came up easily! Things were looking good! Ty set to work gluing down the floor and not 15 minutes later I headed to Gigi's because Lily needed a bathroom and we didn't have one. Haha. When we got back an hour later he was still hard at work. We of course ran into trouble with the sink drain installation. The old pipes broke while Ty was removing them, so we bought new parts earlier in the day, but they weren't meshing well with the new faucet parts. Anyway Ty got it working eventually.
My awful before shot of the vanity and floor.
Gluing down the new floor
Almost finished!
View with the cabinet and light.
She approved of the new water bowl.
Until it came time to get down. Its apparently higher than she would have liked. Haha.
Fun Story: The next day Ty unhooked the pipe underneath the sink for a minute to lift the sink and caulk it down (we had run out of caulk the night before). Then he moved on to caulk around the toilet and tub and forgot to reconnect the drain. The cat came in meowing for him to turn the water on (not joking the cat uses our bathroom sink as her water bowl), and Ty turned it on (just a little) for her. After 5-10 minutes he suddenly remembered, turned it off, reconnected the drain and cleaned the water up. I went downstairs to finish up laundry and found the basement SOAKED. I thought the TOILET was leaking! Even though it was a bit of a mess (no wood was wet thank goodness), I was glad it was just the sink! Haha.
Oh and the next day (that's today by the way) he disconnected it again to fix a small leak (still not sure why the new parts weren't meshing, but he gave up and bought different new parts). Anyway he left the bathroom for a minute and Jay went in, stood up on the toilet and TURNED THE WATER ON FULL BLAST! I heard the water on, remembered that the drain was not connected and ran in there to find water ALL OVER the floor... And in the basement again. Sheesh! I'm glad its all fixed now... and maybe next time (hopefully not for a long long time) Ty will TURN OFF THE WATER before he plays with the pipes under the sink. Haha.
RANDOM PICTURES OF THE WEEK
I have no idea who took this pic. Ty was at work, and I'm in the picture painting a cabinet door for the bathroom... haha. Crystal maybe?
Remember in my post how I mentioned children sleep to deal with trauma? Well I guess puppies do too. I saved Roscoe from Jay and when I sat him at my feet he fell asleep right there. He didn't move from the spot at all for a while. Haha. Glad he's still alive. We're working on it!
Even though Jay is a little rough with Roscoe, he seems to be Roscoe's favorite human. He follow's Jay around everywhere!
This is totally appropriate Sunday afternoon apparel right? haha.
















































No comments:
Post a Comment