CRYSTAL
Crystal wanted a Pocahontas birthday party this year! She was born in the wrong era for such a party, but I did the best I could! Haha. Finding Pocahontas party decor/ideas/games was not an easy task!!!! But I think they all still had a good time! I made her a Pocahontas cake with teepee cupcakes! We started off with her opening a present from us! A Pocahontas costume! We made feather hats, wooden bead necklaces, and popped popcorn the 'kinda-sorta' old fashioned way. lol. We didn't have an open fire to pop it, so we used the stove but we can pretend. lol. Once we were dressing the part, we made up an indian dance. I'm sure none of it was historically accurate ;-), but the kids had a lot of fun!
Crystal wanted to go to Texas Roadhouse for dinner so she could sit on the saddle for her birthday! She of course ordered the mac and cheese... oy! Haha! After dinner we went to see Grandma and Papa Cook and Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Cook at a Stake Harvest Festival. There was a fire truck and sheriff's vehicle for the kids to explore! They also had cotton candy and a ton of harvest/storage booths with samples. There was even a booth about harvesting your own honey!
Crystal opened one last present from us right before bed. She got a Frozen Action Cam to use while riding her bike. She loves taking pictures and videos, so hopefully she has a lot of fun with it!
Sunday evening we had a little celebration with grandparents and her aunt, uncle, and cousins who live nearby! She's had a pretty great birthday weekend, and topped it off by losing another tooth just before bed tonight! Let's just hope the tooth fairy remembers to come tonight! That tooth fairy is pretty unreliable in our house! lol.
The kids were so sweet and saved me from the tickle monster even though they suffered dearly for it! lol.
Jay jumped in just before the end of the song and blew out the candle. Crystal was so sweet! Instead of getting upset, she said, "Oh, thank you Jay for helping me!"
We were getting ready to head out the door and Jay goes, "I got my bag! I got my purse! Let's Go!" At least his bag is full of cars and trucks ... lol
CANNING
I THINK I'm almost done ... I THINK! My kitchen has been a complete disaster for weeks now. I have canners and a dehydrator sitting on the counter taking up space. Veges and fruit rotting in boxes because I can't get to it fast enough! And all the finished products in between it all. Not to mention all the regular kitchen functions added to it! Lol. Lets just say I'm looking forward to having my kitchen back some time soon!
This week I canned tomatoes, made and canned salsa, dehydrated fruit leather, and a lot of apples! I still have 2 boxes of apples left (dehydrating is slow going), and just yesterday I picked another 50 tomatoes out of my garden and I have no idea what I'm going to do with them all. Haha. I see just a little more canning in my future!


































No comments:
Post a Comment