There seem to be a lot of these this week. Either the kids were just super adorable this week or I just went a little crazy with the camera... maybe a little of both. Haha.
Our letter 'c' activity this week!
We learned how plants grow and grew a flower on paper! And yes we grew this flower from a corn seed. Haha. Its all I had, but flowers are easier and more fun to draw than corn stocks.
J figured out how to sit at the table by himself. Even with a large toy in his hand! Where did my baby go?
AND he started pushing himself on ride-on toys. He can't reach the pedals on the trike so he was just pushing with his feet.
He also thinks he should be free to roam the parking lot. . .
Orem Library has a Teepee set up in the children's section. The girls love it!
We got to go to the library twice this week because Lily decided to draw on the inside cover of a book on the way home from the library the day before. She drew on the front and back of the inside. I told her she had to tell the librarian what she did and say sorry. When we got there, she suddenly became gun shy and wouldn't even say sorry at first. I was so mortified by what she had done, but I wanted to teach her that we should always be honest even when its hard. The librarian's response was "The good news is you don't have to buy the book. We can replace the blank pages. Its only $2.50 per side." Haha. Yeah so it cost us $5. Replacing the book may have cost less. Lol.
Lily was pretty upset about what she had to do. She didn't even want to sit through story time. Hopefully she learned her lesson and won't EVER draw in books again...
While we were getting ready to go camping, J pulled all the soda out of the box and was playing with them. He even stacked a few on top of each other! I was impressed!
When we got home from our camping trip, we had a NEW OVEN in our apartment! The oven we had when we moved here 3 yrs ago was in bad shape to start with. Someone had tried painting the stove top with something and all it did was burn, warp, and peel. Everytime I tried cleaning it I would end up with paint peels everywhere in the kitchen. There was only one large burner and it was crooked and in 2 pieces so everything tipped to one side while cooking. Two other burners didn't work well if at all. We asked for a new one 8 months ago but the owner said if it was still working he couldn't afford to replace it. We have new owners now so the manager said she'd try again. The new owner took one look at it and said he couldn't stand to look at it so we shouldn't have to either! Yay! Not only did he replace it, but this oven has a clock, and buttons. Haha. I haven't had an oven with a clock (or timer, cook time, delay start, or self clean for that matter) since we moved to Provo! I'm pretty excited about it! :D
CAMPING
Ty wanted to go camping this weekend and he had a very specific place in mind. Not only the campground but also which site he wanted. Haha. I had to go up first thing in the morning on Friday to make sure he got the site he wanted. I got there before 9 AM but they weren't open yet (they were supposed to be open @ 8). Someone showed up after 20 minutes and said he had to have someone turn the water on and then he'd open the gate. He came back 5 minutes later and said there was a broken valve that needed replaced. If the guy had the right parts it would just be a few minutes. An hour and a half later I was thinking about leaving, but I had already waited for so long that I didn't know if I should go or not. Crystal and Lily both had to pee and J had had enough time in the car. I finally had the girls pee in the trees and pulled J out of the car seat and into the front with me. I had just texted Ty that I was going to wait 15 more minutes and then leave when the guy came back and opened the gate. FINALLY. I found the site, set up a tent and put all our stuff in it. Just in case it rained I didn't want things to get wet. Then I headed back to Provo. The girls had missed a play date at Discovery Park since it took so long to get into the campground. I felt bad so we went to Carl's jr. for lunch to make up for it. Haha.
It did indeed rain Friday. It rained all the way back up that afternoon, stopped shortly after we got there and didn't rain again until early in the morning while we were all asleep. Our tents held up well so none of us ended up wet or miserable which was nice. The rain did however cool the air quite a bit so it was pretty chilly the entire time we were there. None of us strayed far from the fire (the kids actually were barely phased by it and had a blast. haha). We sat around the fire to stay warm and talked and had a good time. It would have been more fun had the weather cooperated, but we still had a pretty good time camping with friends this weekend!
This is about how our camping trip started. Lol. J cried the first hour or so we were there. And Lily was sure every spec of dirt on her was a 'bug' and had a complete meltdown.
Turns out J was hungry. After a few handfuls of goldfish, a tin foil dinner, and a search for a large stick (yes, the small sticks were NOT good enough for him. Haha) he was a happy camper!
Eating goldfish, waiting for dinner to finish cooking.
J was watching Ty blow on the fire to get it going and started blowing also. It was hilarious.
Roasting Marshmallows! J was so good. He sat in his chair for hours swinging his feet and watching everyone.
The burning coals before we went to bed that night!
We dumped the ice from our cooler into the hot coals before we left the next day. It looked pretty cool, though the picture doesn't do it justice. Lol.
PROVO TEMPLE
Today we drove to the temple to walk around the grounds and enjoy the pretty flowers! We all had fun. A couple of missionaries even asked the girls to get into pictures with them in their adorable dresses. Haha. They were soaking up all of the extra attention. They even wanted a picture with J once but he wouldn't leave me so I ended up in the picture as well. Haha.
Like Lily's pose? This girl never ceases to amaze me. She INSISTS on wearing skirts, but acts so much like a tom boy. I can't figure her out. Haha.
This is pretty far away but the group sitting under the tree are getting pictures with the girls. lol.
The 3 missionaries walking passed had already gotten pictures with them.
Lily and Crystal went back to them for more photo attention. Haha
Ty finally had to go over and tell the girls to leave them alone.
Sunday Night Movie Nights are so much nicer when Daddy's home too!























































No comments:
Post a Comment