Monday, August 31, 2015

OUR LAST WEEK OF FREEDOM!

SPLASH PAD
We hit the splash pad one last time before summer vacation was over! The kids had a lot of fun playing with cousins and new friends!



 PRIMARY ACTIVITY
The girls had a fun primary activity this week. They learned about being every day missionaries, but they loved that they got to pretend to go on a plane and fly to Ohio (Lily) and Brazil (Crystal) to go on a mission. It was fun to listen to them talk excitedly about all the fun they had when they got home.

 PAPA GORDON
Papa tried out a new do. lol. Lily was putting a Rapunzel Outfit on and Papa stole her hair!!! lol.




CANNING, CANNING, CANNING... AND DEHYDRATING
I've been busy this week. I canned pickles and green beans earlier in the week. Maddie came over and we canned 14 quarts of peaches and a few pears (we still have a whole box of pears to can this week... they weren't quite ripe enough yet).
Wednesday our new dehydrator came! WE LOVE IT! We dehydrated a box of apples from our neighbors tree and some peaches. I also made fruit leather out of a box and a half of peaches. My kids LOVE the fruit leather. It's going to be a huge hit!
This week I have more peach fruit leather to make, a bag of plums to dehydrate or make fruit leather with, and a TON of apples to dehydrate and make fruit leather out of!!!! Oh and pears to can.
I tried canned (jarred) hamburger, pork, and chicken the other day and was shocked to find it didn't taste any different than regular meat! I'm SOOO going to start canning my meat! Less space taken up in the freezer and SO much faster when making dinner than thawing and cooking meat!!!!

SUNDAY SHENANIGANS





No comments:

Post a Comment